Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

No more Winchester!

UNITED KINGDOM | Monday, 12 May 2008 | Views [538]

I'm officially unemployed. It's a new experience for me, seeing as i have never been without a job since i was like 16 (which was like 9 years ago-gosh i'm old!)whenever i have quit one job i have always had another to move on to. Hopefully you can understand my nervousness at this, and my elation! So as a woman of leisure i am enjoying my newfound freedom and lack of responsibility. My last week at work was lovely and i kinda felt bad about leaving. I enjoyed Winchester alot, both at work and where i lived. At home i had my first experience of living with a bunch of blokes- which was different. And messy. You think i'm untidy- you haven't met James, Steve, Emmanuel and his mate Suen. To put it succintly- our house was a bit of a bombsite. I think I had my room tidy in self defence. But beneath all the messiness and constant playstation they were fantastic blokes and i'll miss the boofheads and our constant trips to the pub to watch the football and have a few pints. I now can quite confidently say that i know a little bit about football. And i can't wait for the champions league finals. Go Chelsea! I'm sure that watching the football without the boys just won't be the same- especially cos i'll have to start paying for all my own beer.

Work was great. After a slow start in which i felt a touch out of my depth i definately learnt to really like the place. Everyone was fantastic- especially the girls Ami and Chaleigh - they really made me feel welcome. I'll definately go back, if only for a visit at least.

So for now its onwards and upwards- well north anyhow. I'm off on a big trip on the 16th. 36 days through scandinavia and russia. Can't wait!

Tags: work and play

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.