Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

The Queen and I

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 11 May 2008 | Views [583]

So i finally made it ti windsor to see the Queen. Well i saw where she lives at least and the flag was up so she was definately in. I have wanted to go to Windsor for years and i must admit that i was pretty excited when Emma and i went for a day trip there courtesy of her birthday present from her mum and dad (castle entry, afternoon tea at a lovely hotel). I started the day pretty early (a 430am bus from winchester to london). I had intended to get back to london on the friday night but a last minute invitation to a night out in portsmouth changed my mind. Great night out, awesome dinner, great club, new favourite drink- kopperberg pear cider). So after a fantastic night out which resulted in me getting home to winchester at 2am, i had to get out of bed a bit before 4am to get to the bus on time. I deserved a much bigger hangover than i got- i suppose i was still a touch ummmm....festive maybe and thats why i wasn't feeling it yet.

Anyhow, i got to london a few hours later feeling a trifle seedy and frozen to the bone due to over exuberant air conditioning on the bus. I think emma was a lttle shocked to see me there so early (about 830ish- after the bus i had to get the tube back to her place). So off we went quite early to windsor. oh and by the way i am now the proud owner of a under 25 young persons rail card which gets me 30% off rail travel. I managed to get it a few days before my birthday. So yay!

Windsor is lovely. I can totally see why the queen lives there most of the time. We had a look at the castle, which was awesome- can i have a castle for m next birthday please?

I think my favourite part of the castle was seeing all the artworks. It is so amazing seeing artworks in real life that i had only seen in books.

One strange thing that happened during the day was when Emma and I were standing outside the castle waiting for the changing of the guards and emma said to me-

"Nadia theres this guy looking at you like he know you or something"

So i looked around and who did i see?

Well i saw a friend of mine named ryan who i used to go to uni with. He was the first person i met from my course. I sat next to him in my very first day in my very first class. So small world eh?!?

The rest of the day was spent wandering about windsor and eton wishing i had about a trillion extra dollars.

Lovely place. Wish i could afford to live there. I'll definately have to put forward my wedding to Prince Harry. He doesn't know about this yet, i'm sure it'll come as a bit of suprise to him!

Tags: day trips

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.