Existing Member?

Blurred memories Memoirs of a lost and bewildered Australian chick through Europe.

The day i saw a squirrel

UNITED KINGDOM | Wednesday, 6 February 2008 | Views [428] | Comments [1]

I saw a squirrel. It was awesome. I honestly can't remember if i saw any the last time i was over here, i probably did, but thats not the point. I saw a squirrel, in hyde park. Strangely emma didn't share my enthusiasm. Apparently she's seen lots of squirrels. But i don't care, it's still a novelty to me.

So, we went for a walk on sunday. Just for something to do. We went through kensington gardens , hyde park (where the squirrel was) and into the part of london that harrods is in (look i don't know the name of the suburb- i'm not a geographical genius here).

Went to harrods. Now theres a place that redefines the word opulent. Myer and David Jones have got nothing on this. I'd imagine that at least 50% of the people in there weren't actually buying anything and that they had just come for a sticky beak at the incredible waste of money. The only other place i have ever been to like it would probably be crown casino in melbourne - i mean this in terms of wasted money. Either way though it was nice to look at (i know, i'm a hypocrit).

I was looking to buy a jacket. While my ski jacket is brilliant , i didn't think i wanted to wear it all the time. Apparently though i had chosen the wrong time of year to go jacket shopping because all the stores were getting rid of their winter stock. And yes, i agree that there wasn't much variety. But luckily i got a bloody good bargain. I found this jacket, charcoal grey(like i wanted), short- yes i did want 3/4 length but you can't have everything, and for £50. Ithough that sounded pretty reasonable (i can't remember the store it was in). I went to pay for it (i knew there might have been a little bit of a reduction cos there was a sale on)- and the chick said to me '£10 thanks'......yay!!!!!!!! awesome markdown. Where on earth can you get a good woolen warm coat for 10 quid. London!

Tags: Adventures

Comments

1

You always were the bargain shopper! I trust you remember my home address (since I have reminded you constantly!) just in case you see any more "Awesome Markdown's"

Good Girl! OOXXOO Luv Laws

  Your Big Blister Feb 8, 2008 10:48 PM

About nadscol


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.