Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

Volcano

GUATEMALA | Sunday, 24 June 2007 | Views [667]

the top spurting!!

the top spurting!!

Hi Guys forgot to tell you about the volcano I climbed on Sunday! We got on the bus in Antigua and spent 2 hours going uphill in an old american school bus they can only use 1st or 2nd gear going up hill. Our bus driver as usual on this type of trip was carrying a very large gun for our protection there atre still  rebels in the hills in some parts of Guatemala. So to the volcano, we had to walk 3km up hill. Jo and I cheated and rode a couple of horses, Jo is a great rider should me how to handle the American bridle. so we get to the top and boy it was hot molten lava everywhere, no health and safety in Guatemala they just said not to get to close as it would melt your shoes!!! the walk down in the dark and rain ( did get to use our head tourches which was funny as they only give you a little circle to walk in!)was not as funny but you cant have everything!

Tags: Adventures

 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.