Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

Panama

PANAMA | Saturday, 14 July 2007 | Views [1040]

walking across the border from Costa Rica into Panama.thats moley with the light blue backpack.

walking across the border from Costa Rica into Panama.thats moley with the light blue backpack.

Hi all, arrived eventually into Panama. The only crossing so far that looks as if you have actually changed country.We crossed the border over what once was a railway bridge where the rails are still in place with planks (that have not been nailed down)added for your comfort. Its about 300 yards long and if you pass a local going the other way you have to step onto the middle of the crossing onto the railway sleepers and where you can see the river 150yards below. We got over to the other side with incident except Rob had to chat to a guy who wanted to talk about Manchester united. Rob was feeling very hungover and a little scared about missing a footing! He was polite all the way across. So to the immigration booth, where we were told the lady had gone for her lunch and would be back at 1300. Our watches said 11:30. Dan then informed us that we had lept into the future as Panama is an hour ahead of Costa Rica! We then got a little bus to the water taxi to take us to an island (yep another one!!) Boca del Toro. On the carribean coast with beaches that can only be reached by water taxi. Still they were good fun if only to see us all get burnt again!

Tags: On the Road

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.