Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

perfect day so far!

GUATEMALA | Sunday, 17 June 2007 | Views [1136] | Comments [1]

Tikal

Tikal

In a small wee town called Flores Gautemala. Yesterday Jo and I decided to swim in the lake outside the hotel. We sat in the water which was teeming with fish and looked across the further bank. It was beautiful, the sun was shining and we were in a lake Gautemala! then two small boys came and joined us in the water, it was great to see Jo having so much fun she has been desperate to chat with the kids. The older of the two boys( he looked about 8 ) encouraged Jo to get up on a wooden plateform, he then pushed her into the water I have not laughed so much in ages!

We visited Tikal today as you can see by the pictures, in the middle of the jungle and a little scary as the howler monkeys were howling to bust a gut! and yes yet again they would have peed over us only the guide moved us on in time!

Tags: Laughter

 

Comments

1

Hi Elaine,

Just twigged how to get on thie site (sandra told me, obviously busy at work!). Really jealous of the wonders you have seen, I may start saving and do the same when I get to your age(that means I have roughly 12yrs left!)Oh sod it, maybe sooner!

Looks like your having loads of fun and falls!!!!! so accident prone!!!!!!!!!!
Miss you
Love Doddy x

  Doddy Jul 7, 2007 4:21 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Guatemala

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.