Existing Member?

On my way to Australia! Hopefully this little journal will help me describe where I am and what I'm doing while out in the big wide world.

80 Days

PANAMA | Thursday, 19 July 2007 | Views [1073] | Comments [3]

Sandra my Passepartout!

Sandra my Passepartout!

Hi all, thought I would write about today as its my 80th day in the Americas! Phileas Fogg would probably turn in his grave about the length of time its taken me to get this far! And who would be my Passepartout? I would nominate Sandra as she is the one who helped me the most with my visa, stopped direct line from taking me to court and continues to be my backup plan! So thanks very much Sandra!

As to what I have gained from this little trip. I left a great bunch of people behind in England, friends and all my family. I left a great job to go across the other side of the world....just to see whats there! I wont miss the stairs in my flat as I can have accidents anywhere. I have met some great new friends who I will see all again soon. I hope the ones in England dont forget me and will find me again sometime in the next few years. Fully intend to get an address ASAP just so you all have somewhere to stay. I intend to visit you before you forget Moley!

I have leant to write e-mails from internet cafes where the letters have disappeared from the key boards! I know that group work has never been so funny or terrible. No role play! So all in all there have been some great moments, sad moments and there are yet things to come, Australia in 10 days time. Have now got friends there, Dina are you sure!!! and look forward to seeing what life has in store for me in the future.

Tags: Philosophy of travel

 

Comments

1

very prosaic of you Elaine, made a tear come to my eye, dont worry, will be over to Austalia as soon as possible!!

  Clare Jul 19, 2007 4:50 AM

2

Thanks Elaine, where did that photo come from???? I shall obviously have to send you something better than that!! Anyway I'd quite happily carry your bag for you as it is obviously lighter than anything I would pack myself! I must try and leave the kitchen sink at home next time I travel!!!

  sandra Jul 22, 2007 4:56 AM

3

i cant believe you have done so much already and like you said you still have loads more to come. i also cant believe that you would ever think any one of us could ever forget you ( even if we wanted to!!!!!!)

  jodie Aug 6, 2007 8:53 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Panama

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.