Existing Member?

It is time...

Toronto at first glimpse

CANADA | Sunday, 24 May 2009 | Views [255]

I'm not quite sure what to think of Toronto yet. My first look at it is from the hotel I'm doing my Craniosacral course in and I'm not too impressed. It's located near the airport and, typical of areas near airfields, the surrounding looks fairly industrial with clusters of hotels and eating places. And that's all that's here! A tiny convenience store is a 15 to 20 minute walk away, little neighbourhood shopping area a 30 minute walk, and the city's an hour away by public transport. Suffice it to say I'm feeling fairly trapped here.

One thing though, the Toronto Conference Centre is close by and they just happen to have an anime convention on this weekend. The streets and hotels are full of ninjas, anime style waitresses, pokemon, jap style goths, geishas and various renditions (some really good) of anime heroes and villains. I followed a cat (or perhaps it was Eevee the pokemon) and a red haired character all the way to the supermarket this evening.

 

About mlisaho


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.