Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

Christmas, A Day of Joy and Sorrow

MEXICO | Sunday, 25 December 2016 | Views [396]

Merry Christmas!

 

I know Tim was feeling better when he woke up at his normal 6:00 AM and started playing on his tablet. He wasn't 100 percent but asked me if I wanted mimosas for breakfast; a long tradition of ours on Christmas morning. He hustled off to the Oxxo and arrived back with some fresh orange juice and breakfast; banana bread.

 

We had a very nice morning, Face Timing with family, opening a gift (beautiful earings) from my great friend from tour, Mikaela, and just happy to not be sick. Well, mainly, Tim was looking a bit green this morning but he was sure trying. I just think he had low blood sugar.

 

Around noon we headed down to the beach and to make up for missing my time on a Sea-doo, Tim offered that I go it alone....it was not up to the rough ride. Not perfect, but I'll take it.

 

The Sea-doo cost 450 pesos for 30 minutes (about $26). The machine was what you would expect from a Mexican rental that has seen a lot of abuse at the hands of amateurs 'driving it like they stole it'. Here goes one more!

 

The bay is quite busy but very relaxing and the machine wasn't perfect, but worked well enough that I had a lot of fun. Definitely a great adventure on Christmas.

 

The 30 minutes went by quick and before I knew it a short Mexican was frantically waving on the beach; to be honest I didn't see him and only knew after Tim told me I was late.

We enjoyed the water for about another hour before we went back to the hotel, got ready and headed for food.

 

Today we played it safe, back to our favourite restaurant (La Choperia, which turns out to be a chain, but pretty good). We got a half Hawaiian and half Margarita pizza and a couple Coronas; Tim was able to stomach half a beer and opted for water.


 

We wandered back to our hotel, read the news of the world: George Michael dead, Russian choir killed in plane crash, earth quake in Chile and Typhoon in Philippines! A little closer....near Acapulco, 7 killed including 3 police officer in an apparent home invasion revenge attack. What a day, not peace and love for all.

 

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.