Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

A Lot To Say About Nothing

MEXICO | Friday, 23 December 2016 | Views [259]

Time at the beach has been truly a relaxing experience....minus the non stop venders asking you to buy something every two minutes. There hasn't been a lot to complain about. Today, however, that would change.

 

We had an enjoyable morning just chilling out with a cigar on the beach. We planned to rent a Sea-doo for an hour and cruise around the bay. Sounds good to me at least. We packed a bag and headed to the beach. Unfortunately our guy wasn’t at the beach and Tim was reluctant to leave our bag with his son, also named Richard. Without our bag we wouldn’t have pictures. We would wait or do it tomorrow.

 

Tim continued his adventurous beach dining eating the grand daddy of a clam. It was huge and tasted pretty good. The vender show Tim how to tell if they are fresh. When you add lime, you can see the muscle curl. Pretty sure there is more to it than that, but hey.

 

With the endless vender, I started my own buying adventures starting with some foot bling.

 

Even got a massage.

 

After a couple hours, Tim was feeling like a lobster and we were starving. We headed back to the room, showered and set out down the street. After walking a while we were disappointed we didn’t just go to our favourite restaurant right beside our hotel. Close to the Walmart, we got approached by an English speaking Mexican promising cold 2 for 1 Coronas and excellent Mexican food. What could go wrong?

 

Our beers and food arrived and one thing was for sure, the food tasted amazing; especially the salsa verde which was warm. Tim wasn't feeling well after the beef and took a washroom break. For anyone that knows him this wouldn’t seem abnormal. This time he said he was feeling really sick.

 

We paid our bill and made our way toward the hotel. There was a McDonald's about half way and I needed to rush in and was very sick......Enough said.

The next 36 or so hours were a bit of a blur.....food poisoning sucks!!! The remainder of the night we took turns using the washroom and the most adventurous thing we did was wander far enough away from the toilet to get Gatorade.....we really needed to re-hydrate.

On Christmas Eve, I woke up feeling much better, but Tim was in rough shape. He basically slept all day. I took the opportunity to relax and watched 5 or 6 Christmas movies.....not what we expected for Christmas Eve but, under the circumstances an enjoyable day. The hotel staff also dropped off a stocking for Christmas, so cute.

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.