Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

From Here to There

MEXICO | Sunday, 18 December 2016 | Views [229]

If there is something we could complain about, it is not our hotel. It is comfortable and is a very good location. I especially like that there is Oxxo convenience store right outside. Tim has made a routine trip in the mornings for daily provisions.

Travelling today to Acapulco, we started the day quite relaxed, enjoying the last of some pizza, a bit of burrito and a couple beverages that would just weigh us down. We packed out stuff, checked out of the hotel and were whisked away to the bus station by a very aggressive young 'taxi' driver. He was very comical and got into a couple arguments with local bus drivers.

When we normally travel Tim likes to have all the tickets booked in advance. This trip is very different! We don't even have all our hotels booked, a first for sure. We arrived at the bus station with no idea when the bus would depart. Thankfully, we had a good idea it was the correct station and that they ran frequently. Tim wanted the most expensive option, which actually turned out to be the limiting factor. 'VIP' would have to do as it was the next leaving (1000 pesos for 2, about $60).

 

The bus itself was very comfortable and people were very respectful; however, it was an uncomfortable climb through the mountains, at least for Tim. His ears were popped the whole time and he got a bad headache. Besides that, it was an enjoyable, beautiful trip.

 

After about 5 hours we arrived to Acapulco and were slammed in the face with the heat and humidity; awesome hot. Tim hustled off and purchased our return tickets either because he didn’t want me to talk him into staying longer here, or something about it being busy on the 26th; blah blah blah.

We took a short cab ride to our hotel and were immediately impressed. The Copacabana was probably really fancy at one time, now I would say it is great, but you can start to see its age. We were checked in and off to our room. Wow, our view of the bay was stunning, oh and the room was nice too.

 

We only stayed in the room long enough to settle our stuff and we were off to the beach. The water was warm, sand was hot, and the view was to die for. We settled onto some chairs where we soaked up the sun. After a bit we moved a bit closer to the water where there was a nice family beside us playing great music. We swam and relaxed until well after dark being one of the last groups to leave; what a great way to pass the night.

 

 

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.