Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

Everything is on the Menu!

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 31 August 2016 | Views [528]

We had ambitious plans for our last day in Europe. Tim said if you want it, lets do it; happy birthday!

 

We set out pretty early and Mom wanted to try a Trodnik, a Ukrainian pastry that made it's way to Prague and is pretty popular with tourists. Its is basically a cinnamon roll that is wrapped around a stick, cooked over hardwood coals. Add some sugar and maybe fill it with ice cream or, as in Mom's case, nutella, strawberries and whipped cream. Yum!

 

We wondered around Old Town Square for a little while before we made our way to Charles Bridge. Nothing was open yet so I tested Tim's “whatever” resolve with an expensive, but reasonable cafe on the river. It wasn't really that bad and Mom and Dad enjoyed excellent coffee; I had a beer.

 

 

We took advantage of the free washroom and by Tim's calculation, the drinks were practically free (public washrooms cost about $1). The view from our table was amazing; tranquil.

 

We bought a couple souvenirs and crossed the Charles Bridge. After a bit more shopping we stopped a a cute basement pub for a cold pint. Feeling no pain!

 

We made our way to our favourite restaurant from last time here; Vidlicky a noze. Dad had beef cheeks, Mom had ribs, Tim had a chicken 'special' and I had a beef goulash. Half the price you would expect and the food was again amazing.

 

We went back to the apartment and rested for a bit.

 

Tim and I went out shopping for a bit, tried on some cloths and bought some caviar and canapaies for dinner. Tim surprised me a nice bottle of Champagne, Moet. We enjoyed our simple, but decadent meal.

 

The rest of the evening we just enjoyed our last night together. Mom and Dad went to bed early and Tim and I stayed up late. Early flight; sad its almost over!

 

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.