Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

On the Road Again; Krakow to Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Tuesday, 30 August 2016 | Views [283]

Woke up early this morning as we had our bus/train combination to Prague leaving at 7:30. Our apartment owner came to see us out and we showed him the 2 or 3 deficiencies with the apartment; so he could make the awesome space perfect.

After the short tram ride, we thought we found where our bus departed. Although we were off by one level, we had plenty of time to get some trip beverages and snacks. Love European sandwiches, especially when the have random sliced egg on a meat sandwich.

So Tim had his heart set on a train only trip, and I would say European trains are great; but our bus experiences have equally been positive. Today, with Leo Express, it was equally true. The bus was brand new, very comfortable and the hostess greeted us with water and some weird cola soda that the label lead you to believe it was orange juice; yuk.

The bus left right on time and was as smooth as it looked. The WIFI worked well and trip passed quite quickly.

 

Although we were a few minutes late for the train at Bohumin, just across the Czech Republic borer; because it was the same company, it waited. We were again greeted with the cola; no thanks!

The train was great, seats were comfortable, beer was cheap; very quick and quiet ride even when we were cruising at 160 kph.

 

We arrived to Prague and all appeared to be well and in order; our apartment was only about 200 metres from the train station. Problem: no one showed up. Tim called and called; emailed etc. No one showed up. He eventually got threw to someone on one of the numbers from the web site, but he did not speak English, knew nothing of the apartment and said he would forward our number to the appropriate person. False promises.

We dropped our bags at the train station; waited a bit more at the apartment and then decided to get some dinner. We ate Chinese, not only was it cheap (about $25 for 4 people including 3 litres of beer) but it was really good.

After dinner was done, Tim decided to go back alone to the apartment, wait a bit longer and figure out an alternative plan. We stayed back at the restaurant; hence the beer quantities.

Tim arrived back after about 40 minutes, just after we poured another beer, and exclaimed our 'new' apartment was ready. He had contacted the owner of the Apartments Tronicek; Milan. He was happy to help us out and was meeting Tim at the apartment in a few minutes.

Long story short, we never heard from the original booking. No idea what happen, but we settled into familiar territory, had a drink and watched comedy shows for the last few hours of the day; what an adventure!

 

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.