Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

Rainy Day

HUNGARY | Monday, 22 August 2016 | Views [332]

We knew for a few days that they were calling for a lot of rain today so we did not plan to do anything touristy; kinda. I thought it was a good idea to go shopping; needed a new pair of shoes after-all. Besides Tim thought there was a mall within a few minutes walk; did I mention the rain?

 

We left around 10:30 and it was raining a lot harder than any of us realized from our 3rd floor apartment. Thankfully we brought jackets and umbrellas; not that they saved us for long. We lost patience about an hour into the torrential rain adventure not ever finding the mall. I did however find 2 pairs of shoes and a dress!

 

The afternoon continued to rain and all told I'm guessing they got a hundred millimetres; a lot either way. Tim made us soup and sandwiches; chicken matzo inspired for Mom and I and potato lentil for Dad. If you know Tim, you know they were both from scratch, even using some chicken bones to make the broth. The dumplings were gnocchi, but not any we ever have had. They were basically a cross between gnocchi and perogies; potato dough shell filled with some sort of mashed potato. They were awesome and I couldn't resist a second bowl!

 

Although the rain was supposed to stop by dinner, it did not. We scrapped our evening plans and We watched movies for the rest of the day.

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.