Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

A Relaxing Day at the Park

HUNGARY | Sunday, 21 August 2016 | Views [418]

The idea this morning was to go out to a cafe and have a nice breakfast. We started out looking right beside our apartment but Tim was convinced we would find a more traditional one outside the tourist district. Apparently it is easier to buy a beer or a drink at 8 am than a coffee and a plate of eggs; no luck. Instead we picked up some cold cuts, smoked salmon, cream cheese and croissants and ate our breakfast in a pretty park.

 

On the docket post morning nosh was to explore City Park and visit the Hungarian Agricultural museum. The festival was also here and in its last day so Mom was able to find a hand stitched table cloth for a great deal. We had been looking at them for a couple days looking for a deal; not only did this lady have many varieties, but she knocked 5 euros off.

 

We bought our tickets for the museum and were lucky the English tour was scheduled to start in about 5 minutes. The tour took us up threw a spiral tower up many steps to a view point. It was a nice view, but pail in comparison the Buda hill.

 

After about 20 minutes of a description of the area we were set off on our own to explore the rest of the castle. It was filled with hunting and fishing exhibits; as Ace Ventura would say “a hall of death”. It was really interesting but a little overwhelming looking at everything.

 

We made our way threw the festival smelling the amazing looking food; too bad we were still full from breakfast.

 

Our last stop of the morning was the Heroes Square. This impressive space is home to a spectacular statues and clearly a popular tour bus stop. We enjoyed a cold beverage while we chilled in a place we claimed as our own.

 

We made our way back to our neighbourhood, bought some groceries and planned for an evening in. We all needed a nap and to rest our legs. Happy we are in Budapest for a few more days because there sure is a lot to see and time to enjoy it all!

 

 

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.