Existing Member?

Same Same, but... a little bit different!

Our Fantasy Day in Vegas

USA | Wednesday, 4 May 2016 | Views [371]

Our legs were a bit stiff this morning from walking so much yesterday. We relaxed for a couple hours at the hotel but headed out early enough to secure our tickets for the show. We planned to get our Blue Man Group tickets, but also tickets for Fantasy for tonight. We ate a simple breakfast of red velvet pop-tarts and coffee; then hit the road.

 

We went to Tix4Tonight first, but were sourly disappointed. The problem with that place is they lie about the original price, then say you get a discount at half price. Problem for them was we looked at the price online before going, and they quoted the same price, $40 for the worst section. We wanted the best section, which online was $63. So we walked over to the Luxor box office. Were we ever happy we did! The attendant was super friendly and not only were we correct about the prices, Luxor offers half price to Military members. We secured our tickets and walked back to the hotel.

 

We made a quick run to Walmart for some afternoon supplies; and maybe for a necklace for my outfit. It was very hot today, but nice and dry. We set ourselves up in-front of our hotel for what I would call a redneck BBQ. Using the chimney starter to burn the charcoal, Tim cooked fresh corn on the cob and hotdogs. We enjoyed a couple beers and played some cards to pass the time; feeding our friendly neighbourhood pigeon. The food was amazing - especially the fresh corn - but the heat was getting to us.

 

While our hotel does not have a “resort”, it is well equipped with a crystal clear pool. After Tim did a little skimming, it was ready to go. We were the first to arrive, but at least 10 other people arrived after us. We took a dip in the refreshing water and relaxed on the patio chairs; might have even taken a nap in the warm sun. Tim enjoyed the low helicopter flybys ever couple minutes; probably more helicopter traffic in Vegas than anywhere else in the world (ATC nightmare?).

 

Our show was late, so we took a legitimate nap back at the hotel. Unfortunately our alarm didn't go off, but we woke in time to rush out the door and to the Luxor. Felt like a 5 minute walk during the day, but was more like 20 minutes when we were in a rush.

 

The Luxor security was amazing allowing me to bring in my open beer (in a plastic cup) and my purse, which had a couple more. Our seats were amazing, third row, at eye level and about 8 feet from the stage. We had the choice to get the front row, but there are often shenanigans at shows for people in the front row. Also, depending how tall the stage is, you might be looking at knees or feet all night. We were right on both accounts tonight. Highly recommend 3rd row, although 4th row was $5 cheaper and have more leg room. All that being said, its a small venue and there probably isn’t a bad seat in the house.

 

Fantasy was incredible. Not only was it classy and sexy; it was filled with talent and was absolutely hilarious. The girls were gorgeous, coming from all over the USA, Mexico and Cuba. Basically, there were two MC's, Lorena Peril and Sean Cooper and 10 (or so) girls. We couldn’t take photos, but you can look at their website, which we have re-posted a couple of their photos (and others).

 

Lorena opened the show and filled the between act time. She is beautiful and had witty jokes and amazing singing. She added an intimate interaction with the crowd.

 

Sean Cooper filled a fairly large segment of the show. Performing acts as James Brown and Michael Jackson, he was gut-busting hilarious. He joked that there is a black man in everyone’s fantasy. In one of the most interactive and funny acts, he spent much of his time in the front row poking fun at the people in the crowd.

 

While I cannot describe every girl or every act; there was one girl that I must point out for her talent. Sonya is from Las Vegas and performed two solo acts including pole and rope dancing. Her strength was immediately apparent and she amazingly owned both the poles and the red silk drapes in the aerial show.

 

Hands down, this show was excellent; we highly recommend and encourage you to see it.

 

The show was about 90 minutes, but unfortunately it went by in a flash. We were whisked out and headed back to our hotel. What and amazing night of Fantasy.

Tags: fantasy, lorena peril, luxor, sean cooper, tix4tonight

About mitann


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

Near Misses

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.