Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

I’m the hostess

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 23 October 2012 | Views [112]

Recently I have become the hostess with the mostest. Our gated doors have become a turnstile of guests flowing in and out with their visits to Phnom Penh.  Seriously I think I’m a regular at the airport and all the tuk tuk drivers know my face!

Not that I don’t appreciate visitors. I love having familiar faces, excuses to eat in nice restaurants, share stories and catch up while showing a bit more about my life in this country. You also get to see things fresh again. Get a newer perspective, laugh at normality that shocks your guest and have a fresh appreciation of what you are actually doing.

It’s nearing two years of me being here now – can’t believe it has been that long – but I now know more of my way around this city, understanding more of its rhymes and patterns and can show her off to others.

Now I'm not putting this out there to get you all to flock to Cambodia because I have nothing better to do. Haha, I can’t begin to unfold how incredibly busy life is here, but it was a pleasure to host people who mean a lot to me and who encourage me in all that I do. Now that is truly a blessing.

Tags: fun, visitors

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.