Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

The case of the missing passport

CAMBODIA | Tuesday, 11 January 2011 | Views [392]

The last thing that any happy traveller wants, while overseas, is for their passport to go MIA. This is something that happened to me the other day.

I had to fill in some paperwork for my university course. I am studying Khmer an hour and a half each week day at a uni near my work. I went to where I had hidden my passport - and found the pocket of that bag wide open! I had to rush off to work, so just sent a quick prayer casted any worry from my mind and went off on my way.

Later, when I arrived home from all my comings and goings of the day, I looked high and low for my faithful travelling friend. I could find everything else but not my passport. I spent a couple of hours looking until finally I came to a reality that it was lost and I would have to let some people know about it.

The next day I called the embassy. Do you know how many hoops the Australian Embassy sets up for you to get a new passport? Aswell if you lose your passport three times - it's three strikes, no new passport. This is huge! To get a new passport you need as much ID as possible and your birth certificate (not a copy). Plus they want you to pay over $300! Ekk if I wasn't stressed yet a new worry overtook my mind.

I find the best way to find things is to have someone else help look. Two pairs of eyes are so much better than one. Thida - the level headed one and my shofer to go to the embassy - decided we should have a final look, taking everything out of cupboards, removing shelves, moving furnitute....and PASSPORT FOUND!!!!! Wow praise God and Thida has gain a new level of heroness in my eyes. Now we are out having lunch to celebrate.

I feel like the lady who lost her coin, swept and searched her house to find it and when she did she went out and celebrated. God never gives up on us. He celebrates when someone who has wondered away comes back to Him.

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.