Existing Member?

a light in Cambodia

Why worry

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 8 July 2012 | Views [321]

This morning, while having an early quiet time with God, I read through Jesus' teaching on not worrying - from Luke 12. While reading through The Message version of the passage a huge conviction hit my heart as I know I am a giant worrier.

You may be familiar with the passage, stating that there is no benefit in worrying as our Father is the perfect provider and if He is concerned with the little aspects of this world He is certainly moving in each of our lives providing for all our needs out of His great abundance. 

I feel that I need to take up membership at Worriers Anonymous. "Hello. My name is Meagan and I'm a worriholic." I am a complete and utter worrier. My mind reels with worries about my future, my appearance, the things that I am called to do, the challenges that I need to face, the things I need to overcome and just fitting into the environment that I am living in. 

At times I long to be like others, rather than just being who myself. I allow my fears and inabilities to prevent me from being more confident. I know that I don’t have to do everything that everyone else does to fit in, just what He has call me to do. Worry is one of the things what strongly holds me back from walking in my God given calling. It is what stops me from loving myself, fully participating and receiving love from others but especially it prevents me from fully understanding God's great and perfect love for me and the confidence I can have in His faithfulness and perfect provision.

This is the part that really got me reflecting this morning....

"What I'm trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God's giving. People who don't know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don't be afraid of missing out. You're my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.“ Luke 12:29-32 (The Message)

Relax and not be so preoccupied - wow, that's a truth that hits me hard. I know God so I should truly believe in His provision, love and desires for me. I do fear missing out, but my heavenly Father wants to give me everything He has ordained and spoken out for me, through the sacrifice of Jesus.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I pray that each new day God will assist me to step into His truth and promise with complete confidence. That His Holy Spirit may consume me and transform my mind and heart to be dependent on my Heavenly Father rather than thinking over my needs and trying to solve them by my own strength. Thank God that He is faithful and that He knows all my failings, yet still loves me the same and doesn't expect me to solve my weakness before coming before Him. I am so thankful that I can humble come before Him and know that He will lovingly move in my flaws to mould me into the person He desires me to be.

Tags: challenges

 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.