Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Santa Fe De Antioquia - 10th of February.

COLOMBIA | Thursday, 14 February 2013 | Views [1301]

camping behind a store by the mountain road to Medellin.

camping behind a store by the mountain road to Medellin.

It got hot and steep. The road didn't improve, but the traffic appears to be less in the earlier part of the day. We stocked up with some basic foods in Dabeida and headed for the mountains - continuing this crazy climb up to over 2000m. Slow, very slow, but no more rain. Beautiful country though, sweet mountain villages. We stayed in a hotel in Uramita next to the river and ate ourselves silly in the adjacent restaurant. The freaking bed was hard as a rock, but clean and cheap ($9) for the two of us. A little internet to connect and make sure our loved ones know we are all right.

It stayed dry and beautiful for the next day when we reached our summit. The road still only partly paved. Though some dark clouds surrounded the top right before we descended, getting chased by some stray rain drops we felt like we had it bagged for now....more to come, but for now....
We spend Saturday night at a bus stop with a bar and a restaurant on the side of the road behind the little store, but the music was loud ALL NIGHT LONG....We read that Columbians like to party and it was Saturday after all. The music stopped right before dawn...oh, well...
Down hill from here......all the way to the lovely mountain village of Santa Fe De Antioquia. Time to spend a day, dry out completely and pretend we are just normal tourists eating ice cream at every corner.

 

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.