Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Here, there and everywhere.....

GERMANY | Thursday, 17 January 2013 | Views [685]

surrounded by love.

surrounded by love.

Our world has become SO SMALL, literary.  

Zooming from one continent to the other while watching a movie, eating, reading, listening to music. I am talking about taking the plain to  Germany, Stuttgart.....Europe because that is what I did (18th until the 29th of December)...visiting my mom and my sis, leaving James and the bikes behind in another world called San Jose, Costa Rica...Central America. For me it was time off the bike, time apart from James, time to do something entirely different for a short time. A lot of people, my friends talk about culture shock, but, somehow that didn't come to mind....a sense of ease....marveling at the possibilities to make these jumps between countries, cultures, worlds and lives. Maybe it is because my roots are there, I know the food, the scoop...I fit right in...no effort at all. It was bothersome though that the suitcase I had packed back in CA  way in advance in April never made it. Clothes for Germany in the winter were carefully sorted for the journey, of course...I  am biking through Central America, I need clothes for the homeland in winter. Well, the suitcase was sent in time, but it never made it and I wound up having to wear my mother's clothes. A few years ago this would have turned into a problem, but it wasn't - don't really know why ....It felt like I was able to make a decision about it: not to let it  bother me. My efforts to plan in advance were in vain and I was tweaked about that, but as soon as I recognized I can give up controlling the situation, the bumps in my mind smoothed and I kept rolling along with the punches just fine, enjoying my time with my mom and my sis wearing my  mother's clothes (and believe me, we don't have the same taste...BUT I was sweetly tickled that my mom who had the sensitivity to chose her clothes for me carefully and I was comfortable - not only that, I felt cared for and respected, which is also something I opened my mind to do). There are  so many choices - we have a wealth of  choices when it comes to situations like this and we don't care to know this fact. Try it some time. (I keep telling myself)
 
             

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Germany

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.