Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Good times Chacala

MEXICO | Saturday, 8 September 2012 | Views [1738]

Porto Vallarta with Marina and Ernesto

Porto Vallarta with Marina and Ernesto

Good times in Chacala on Sunday and Monday
Marina and Ernesto showed us their favorite place where they spend most of the winter every year. But getting out of P.Vallarta and heading north to Chacala we took the local bus, finding songs to sing in German, English and Spanish - preferable the same song in all three languages. Oh, and french too, like, Frere Jacques......Bruder Jakob ....Brother John......
I had forgotten the english version and a latino guy in the seat behind me started singing it, helping me out.....big wide grin, brown eyes. We were all singing and the next stop he got out, but he was completely handicapped, paralyzed, the rest of his body underdeveloped  except for his head. The wheel chair was placed outside the bus's door and his friend pulled on his legs, off the seat down the aisle and down the steps off the bus, his head bouncing like a melon - he singing all the way his eyes looking at us, trying to comfort us with his singing. We sat there with our mouthes wide open feeling the pain he didn't seem to feel.
An experience that left me humbled and shaken up........
I don't know how to live that life, I only know how to live mine...
Chacala was a colorful friendly, warm and dorado eating, diving in three meter high waves, experience. The best ceviche (raw fish salad) made by Marina and the most comfortable first class bus ride "home" to G.
Thank you, Marina and Ernesto - I wouldn't want to have missed any of it, even the downhill from hell. (that is another story)

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.