Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Leaving home on May 6th 2012

MEXICO | Wednesday, 27 June 2012 | Views [739]

Last good bye at the bridge....yeah, let's drag it out..

Last good bye at the bridge....yeah, let's drag it out..

Leaving the Bay Area in perfect weather. OUr friends have gathered at the Fairfax Java Hu to wave, but some bicycled with us to the bridge......drove us away, rode us out of town....
After days of preparations we are finally on our way.. Our t-shirts say: Kee the water on the right. May 6th 2012. We ride with panniers to slow us down.
Most loving friends came, tears and smiles...
If you look at the map, it's all downhill from here, right?
Nora, my daugher says: You are my crazy mami and that is partly why I love you so much.
We draw attention alredy, people ask where we are going....we just left today and we are riding our bicycles to Argentina.
One guy on the side of the road heard the answer to his question and said: There you go (we were riding down along Golden Gate Park towards the ocean)...just turn left at the end of this road.....yeah, pointing south.
Pedaling over Devil's slide one woman screaming out the car window on this narrow, no shoulder, climb: Get off the fucking road! 
Welcome to the world of cycling....there are nice people out there too, you know?
We do get the thumbs up a lot and they don't even know were we are going.

OK, let's back up here for a minute...back at the GGB shortly after we said good bye to our last friend waving at the north end of the bridge......James and I lost each other out of site. The bridge was crouded with tourists, James was in front and I never saw him unti I reached the south end and found him not waiting......great start, I thought to myself!!!

Well, as it turned out we needed the help of our cell phones....James had pulled over to the side to take a picture of me riding accross the bridge, but with all the tourists we somehow missed each other. He had gone back to the beginning of he bridge, because he thought I had a flat tire or something...

Oh, well, most accidents happen close to home....we won't be for a long time, so, that is good!

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.