Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

More from Paradise..

THAILAND | Saturday, 10 April 2010 | Views [834]

Now, the south end of Kho Jum is even better............unbelievable!! They shot the movie "the beach" around these islands and it looks every bit like this. There are no paved roads- most transports are done over the water way and - of course- Kipp and I took a motorcycle ride to the next destination on this island. A bit adventurous, but I've lived through worse.

Now, I am thinking about the fact that these natives are struggeling to sustain their lifes and need us tourists in some way -I would love to tell the Lonely PLanet about this place (Bo Daeng), but, you just know what is going to happen.....so, I don't.

This must be the peak of this trip, it just can't get any better: Mama cooked us even better meals than imaginable....(anyways, how do they do it? The food is ALWAYS fresh, you can order any time of day and you get to eat in no time flat..........I don't get it!!)

The beach hut cost all of $2,50 a night - right next to the ocean. While you wait for the food you listen to the giggles of these lovely Thai women in the kitchen - they just LOVE to have fun. My favorite tea "cha nom yen" was even better than ever (of course) - can't get enough...

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.