Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

the day before the last peak

NEPAL | Sunday, 14 June 2009 | Views [956]

Monday May 4th day 25. OK, I have to say it again: After 3 days I was able to feed the pig. Our host family was very, very nice. This Amma was force feeding us last night (did I mention that already?)and when I had told her that I was really, really full of food by now, she stretched out her hand and started petting my head and my face, cleaned up some stray hairs out of my face..........just very, very loving, warm and kind...........I enjoyed that motherly touch so much......... We had a very good time, rested up - recovered very well and now we are on our way to Sanam - up, up 3/4 of our way we will spend the night before climbing our last peak on this trek at 3350 m tomorrow. This path out to Hile of maybe already in Tumblingtar we will catch the bus to Kathmandu. Feeling much stronger that on the way in -even when I am feeling exhausted, the recovering time is quicker I am noticing. I like this remote region of this part of the trip very much. Though we get stared at where ever we rest and there are some locals who haven't seen any tourists, any white people at all it seems. The climate now is tropical - valley and Mountains are gentle ( some steep rocks still surprise us from time to time though) I am just so ready for warm and gentle..................

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Nepal

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.