Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

going shopping.............

UNITED ARAB EMIRATES | Thursday, 12 February 2009 | Views [621] | Comments [3]

Now starting the day with yoga (even though I watched TV while doing it - at least I admit it.........) is a good thing. The day is warm and sunny and I am getting used to my surroundings. Meaning, I bike and I don't mind the stares - its because there are no other women biking, that is what is going on here......no wonder I get so much attention. At the check out in the groceries store I brought my own bags and used them - hey, that isn't easy, they seem to love there plastic bags and use them any way they can. I had to insist of unpacking some of my goods and but them in my bag. Oh, and another thing is, that you are supposed to check your bags outside the store and get a number to pick them back up when done shopping. Now I am not even supposed to go into the store with my empty bags.........They were nice to me, treating me like a foreigner who doesn't understand (well I did this time, but needed to do it my way........and I got away with it) Then I walked into the office of the apartment builing and talked to the manager about recycling. She understood, but said there is no system for it in place at this time. Well, let's start one then, I said. Again she seemed to understand, but we need a group of people, she said - a critical mass (haven't I heard that before?). OK, at this point a jumped off the wagon..........this is borrowed time...........I am going to India, leaving the task to save the world to some other crowd........lame!!!

Comments

1

You are being very good, writing in your nomad blog! I love it!

  Anne Feb 13, 2009 4:26 PM

2

Thanks Anne - I am trying............but, you know, I wonder how it is going to be in India - I am having some trouble with it here on my computer already and Coby is helping..........

  margitpirsch Feb 15, 2009 3:07 AM

3

Will you be using your iphone for that or using whatever computer you can find at internet cafes? Hope you find some good way of communicating online!

  Anne Feb 17, 2009 10:33 AM

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Arab Emirates

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.