Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Touring from Alaska 8/13/15 - thoughts on the way...

USA | Monday, 17 August 2015 | Views [918]

Leaving the people I love - again!

Leaving the people I love - again!

Thoughts on the way to Anchorage:

All the good byes are breaking my heart and yet I feel the excitement like a b'day or a wedding day or like a funeral I get to be present at my own death.
I realize - just looking at the young travelers at the airport - realize, that I do remember that young feeling, the feeling of being invincible ....really, nothing can happen to me or any of my young friends around me. I stumble through the world safe and I can do ANYTHING.  I look at them and feel them in their youngness, in their new hair and bright eyes, those strong capable bodies still budding, still expanding into the world. I feel crusty and seasoned- in a good way, mind me! I like the feel of crusty and seasoned, experienced and learning. It never ends.....
Now, I don't feel invincible anymore at all, but I can leave this world and all will be good, all IS GOOD! with and without me! I am going to keep on living until I don't.

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.