Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

LLata and then the road was PAVED....(4th -6th of August)

PERU | Saturday, 10 August 2013 | Views [1097]

Easy road along the river for a change - heading to Huanuco

Easy road along the river for a change - heading to Huanuco

Gorgeous canyon down from Llata along the river, gentle and sweet and then  passing a tunnel on semi steep switchbacks on dirt but - none - the -less - down and again along ....maybe the same river, I don't know the names of all these rivers, canyons and passes...... got me all mixed up. I can't even find the names of them on the maps or google...it's amazing to me if I can find the names of the villages. And then up again, of course....away from the river and to a little village (Chavenilla) to spend the night before another pass of 4000m - oh, and that one was called "Corona del Inca" The top of the mountain pass has a crown...of course, that was easy to remember..it's a visual!

From there and after a little lunch between little tiny wee little piggies, down for over 2000m - the longest downhill (on a surprisingly paved road) - EVER. It basically lasted the rest of the day  - gentle enough to be able to look around and experience our wonderful world from this angle in Peru. The weather was great too. Freezing at the top - hot at the bottom but blue skies all along.
We rolled into the town of Huánuco and knew right away this is a place to hang for at least a few days. We deposited our men and bikes at the "Plaza de Armas" while  Indre and I went searching for the most suitable hotel for us and - of course- found it in no longer than an hour and a half. Here we are now, enjoying our internet connection and the comfort of civilization of modern times. 

 

 

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.