Existing Member?

Out of the bubble......... One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.-- Henry Miller

Pasto on the 2nd of May. ( though the journal keeps hurrying me - saying it is already May 3rd)

COLOMBIA | Friday, 3 May 2013 | Views [961]

Colombians stopping us on the road to take pictures with us.

Colombians stopping us on the road to take pictures with us.

a climbs of Pasto as we approach.The town Pasto as we ride in from above - just like "Chistobal de las Casas" in Mexico and "Medellin" in Colombia.

Why do we like to compare what we don't know with what we think we know: This is just like Mt Tam, Marin - this landscape reminds me of a place in Italy ....so on and so forth....Why not let it be for what it is? (Side note)
Flying into town - dropping down from yet another 2800m pass we concord today. Colombians on the road cheering us on as if this is a public event. Thumbs up at every corner, every street. They must know....there is no easy way in and out of this place.  Besides, Colombians love cycling. Soccer and cycling are the main sport activities in this part of the world.
The thumbs up have increased along the way and it feels good. These people are super curious and happy to see a touring cyclist. They want to have their picture taken with us as if we are celebrities or maybe will be. Kids and elders - all ages wrap their arms around our sweaty bodies and smile into the camera. 
We are leaving Colombia soon.....I will miss this kind of enthusiasm.

About margitpirsch

Wearing an Indigenous helmet at the museum in Jama

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.