Existing Member?

Passing through... We travel, initially, to lose ourselves; and we travel, next, to find ourselves--Pico Iyer---Passing through from Europe to Africa to Asia to Oceania etc.& back again! 9 mos. of dreaming and exploring!

its getting closer....

CANADA | Tuesday, 18 September 2012 | Views [203]

I originally wrote this on September 16,2012....the day that Tom left St. John's. With all of the packing and the hectic environment around me with him leaving, it definitely hit me that the trip itself is 2 weeks away. The initial setting will be comfortable- familiar Poland, see Nice and possiby Munich with friends.....
Its after that that things become brand new and really change. I am nervous/scared/excited/curious/fascinated by what lies ahead. I am thinking about that moment when I am driving down the country roads of Tanzania seeing a whole new world in front of my eyes. Or when we climb Kilimanjaro and have the workout of a lifetime! Or landing in Asia- pristine beaches and a culture like I have never seen before. Then I start to think about the details- when we land where do we go? what do we do? How do we get to where we want to go? How well will I be able to learn some of the local language before we get there? An overwhelming fear comes over me, followed by some kind of determination that I will indeed be able to handle this. I promised myself I would do a great deal of reading before each trip segment so that I am as comfortable as possible with my ideas before I jump out of my comfort zone completely.
 
I take a deep breath.
 
Europe is first. I am comfortable with Europe. I can take a few deep breaths there as I research the next leg of the trip. Sitting at a french cafe in Nice with Monica and Roy pondering future adventures.
 
Not to mention there are still 2 weeks of work ahead!---- I guess that answers the question as to whether I got the Haematology locum position ;) It has been a very busy and crazy summer with work (albeit enjoyable). Haematology is a fascinating field, and I have spent the summer juggling trip planning with work learning and experience. I am not complaining.
 
In the meantime we went to France for the weekend- St. Pierre & Miquelon just off the coast of Newfoundland. It was so cute and the food was great! You need a passport get there and everything! Just a touch of the big France up ahead ;)
 
On that note, better get to bed. My fear and excitement will have to wait a few more days....

Tags: next to me-emeli sande

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.