Existing Member?

Around some of the world in 180 days

Malaysia Stopover

MALAYSIA | Monday, 13 February 2012 | Views [697]

It all started so well

It all started so well

For some strange reason, the options for direct flights from Hong Kong into New Delhi seem to centre around arriving in the early hours, well past midnight. Not really liking this option, I've taken the next worst option of selecting a flight that arrives late in the evening, an 11 hour trip via Kuala Lumpur with a 2 hour stopover.

The flight from Hong Kong to Malaysia went pretty smoothly. The only strange thing was that I wasn't checked-in in for my connecting flight and on the plane, which meant getting through immigration, leave the arrival lounge, go to departures, then check-in. All of which had to be done in an hour to meet the cut-off for check-ins for international flight.

Evidently I made it, albeit arriving at the check-in desk very sweaty due to the complete lack of air conditioning in the arrivals part of the airport. 

This is what I found in the gents. SAVAGES!!!

 

Check out what I found in the departure area. All I'm saying is, anywhere in the world, I can find it!

The flight to New Delhi was not even half full, meaning I could lie down on an empty row of seats and hopefully catch some snooze on the 5 hour flight. The luck lasted until 5 minutes before the scheduled take-off when the heavens opened and start raining for the next 45 minutes. 

Here's my view for the next 45 minutes:

Finally we took off while there was a slight drizzle and I'm sure I could still hear lightening. When the monitor flashed up the Linux boot-up, I thought we're gonna dieeeeeeeeeeee.

Tags: airport, kuala lumpur, malaysia, stopover

 

About macedonboy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.