Existing Member?

Around some of the world in 180 days

Farewell

UNITED KINGDOM | Friday, 27 January 2012 | Views [518]

The last supper

The last supper

27/02/2012

It Thursday 27th Jan, 2 days before I leaves for Hong Kong on the first leg of my travels. I'm travelling down to Surrey to visit a friend, Mr M. The lucky git has decide to retire to India and "time permitting", do the 3 day week. So the 2 days was timed to allow a group of us who know Mr M to all meet up and crash out in his place. Three from Glasgow and another from who knows where.

I decided to take this opportunity to try out the overnight Glasgow to London sleeper train, which takes about 7 hours, arriving about 7am in Euston. In the standard class, there's a double bunk which I shared with my friend Mr W, who took the upper bunk. The beds are surprisingly short and narrow considering it's designed for the British. Comfortable enough for me, but probably not for Mr W who's a nearly a foot taller. I can hardly contain my glee at hs discomfort.

Many years ago when I used to work for BT, I'd often travel between Glasgow and London offices, taking early flights. I should have just taken the sleeper. At least you'd arrive feeling more refreshed with feeling of having had a good nights sleep, albeit a short one.

So there's 5 of us in one house just hanging out. Check out the sleeping arrangements.

And here is someone doing their best impression of Ramese III.

Surprising, we spent nearly the entire 2 days in Mr M's house. As you have see, the conversation is flowing.

Tags: goodbye, sabbatical

About macedonboy


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.