Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Lima - the last of Peru

PERU | Sunday, 18 May 2008 | Views [625]

Big plate of ceviche

Big plate of ceviche

Lima is a real, big, modern, international city. Sure there´s heaps of tourists, yeah they´re hosting the APEC conference this year (annoying that it coincides with my weekend in town), they´ve got all the bits to make a massive but nice city. 

For APEC they shut down streets, and put on a concert on in one of the main parks, just across the road from my hostel. It was very noisy last night. Inna and I, we got to Lima pretty late on Thursday night, Friday was a day of running around. I was shopping for a new small camera, Canon Powershot SD750 which I bought at the ¨black market¨ for a pretty decent price. Yay new camera!

Last night, we went out for a quick drink at the popular hostel, across the park, Loki, then saw a bit of the band playing in the park (they were crap) and I ate Burger King, then we went to Ahora, a club at the Port of Miraflores. They played some good music upstairs, and Cumbia/Reggeton downstairs.

Today was another day of running around, burning CDs, printing photos, getting stuff sent. Slept for a couple of hours. Needed it.

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.