Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Condors! Lot and lots of them!

PERU | Thursday, 15 May 2008 | Views [620] | Comments [1]

They are really really big. They soar about so lazy-like, so easy. I was jealous. Yesterday, Inna and I left for Chivay, walked around town a bit, both taking lots of photos, then spent a night in Cabanaconde (5 soles, $2, cheapest accommodation yet!). In the morning we public bussed it to Colca Canyon, and waited for the Condors. I had the BEST seat in the whole arena, right at the edge of a huge sharp cliff, made my stomach wobble everytime I looked down. And we saw condors!!!! At one time there were 13 of them, flying about, so lovely. I took lots of photos, but most of them are blurry I think. They came really close to the spectators, maybe within 5 metres, many times. In the morning, there is a lot of upward rise of warm wind for some reason, and the condors like to fly about, show off. I really like condors. But as I told Inna, if I was to be any animal, it will have to be a bird, and it will have to be a duck. Ducks are prettier, they fly in formation, they can soar, they swim and walk, and taste delicious.

Tonight we bus to Ica for sand dune boarding!

 

Comments

1

I agree, the taste is so delicious.

  Anon May 16, 2008 11:30 PM

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.