Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Rioian Beaches, Copacobana & Ipanema

BRAZIL | Friday, 15 February 2008 | Views [1329]

Copacabana, Ipanema, Rio, wow, those famous names, finally I get see it, no glossy photo paper in between. They are long stretches of pale coarse sand, roads and pedestrians on one side, dangerous man-eating waves on the other. At the Northern end of Copacabana Beach is the Sugarloaf, at the south it joins Ipanema Beach, and south of Ipanema is more hills and mounts (not sure what they're called). Didn't have the picturesque sunset I was hoping for, over the space of about 15 minutes a huge spanse of clouds blew in and covered most of the Rio sky. Then it rained a bit. Then it cleared up. But I had missed the sunset.

Nevertheless, I did buy a set of Brazilian bikinis, and wore it out at Ipanema Beach. That's one item I can tick off the todo list.

Later on, met up with Stine and Thom, two Norwegian girls I met along the way, and drank and was merry at the hostel. They are renting an apartment at Copacabana Beach for 5 days, and I shall join them for 3 nights. Shall be a blast! Horray.

Tags: Adventures

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.