Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Byebye Carnaval

BRAZIL | Thursday, 7 February 2008 | Views [545] | Comments [1]

It's over, finally. Not to say I didn't enjoy myself, but no more grabbing and hassling, and that's a very good thing. Last night the biggest night, Barra was densely packed. Fatboy Slim played with David Guetto, a 6 hour set, which was very good except the bloco was filled with gringos, and outside the block it was violent and a massive mobile moshpit with people pushing and shoveling and trying to dance and stepping in puddles of spilt drinks/sweat/road run-offs/piss. You went through areas that absolutely REEKED, and I couldn't breath for the gagging. Other than that, lots of people were dancing and having fun, lots of people (not me) snogging away, drinking, singing etc. There were heaps of cameras about last night too, some of it is bound to turn up on TV or youtube.

Today, planning to visit a local market, buy a sarong, eat some moqueca (famous fish curry of Salvador), meader through the streets till it's time to do something else. Good plan huh? :)

No photos to put up yet, waiting to get them off other people.

Tags: Adventures

 

Comments

1

Hiya,
Love reading about your adventures. Keep 'em coming. Take Care,
Julie
p.s - no word from Gus yet...

  Julie Feb 7, 2008 6:12 PM

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.