Existing Member?

Big Small Journey Off on the adventure of my lifetime: 5 glorious months of sun and snow in South America, then the UK for further fun and frolicking.

Brave, insane, or stupid?

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 30 January 2008 | Views [693]

Quaint little place in Lencois that makes Acai na Tigela - acai blended with ice, topped with fresh banana and roasted oats and nuts. Very tasty.

Quaint little place in Lencois that makes Acai na Tigela - acai blended with ice, topped with fresh banana and roasted oats and nuts. Very tasty.

Attempting to travel in a Portuguese speaking country with no Portuguese is a very very bad idea. Boys and girls, do NOT try it. Thank god there are thousands of tourists here. Managed to leech on to some Germans at Praia do Forte, so managed to get here alright. Learnt a few things though:

1. cheap set meals are good. they´re called Pieji (or something like that, dont know how to spell it)

2. a thing called ´jeju brasilieu´(again, cant spell) means the brazilian spirit - basically deal with things as they come and being content. a ver good philosophy of life

3. brazilian men will get onto anything and are very direct. thank god i´ve learnt to say ´no´.

4. carnaval is going to be crazy. everyone keeps giving me advice about it. apparently for 7 days and nights the party goes on non-stop, and people dance, drink and kiss. Will avoid the latter.

So far being lots of fun. Lencois is a beeeeeeeautiful little town, very picturesque with the cobbled streets and bright little houses all nestled together between lush hills. can´t wait to see some jungle and swim in rainwater caves. my coming here was a bit spontaneous, a guy recommended it, and later on a couple of others (the Germans, Casper & Felix) said they were coming, so I tagged along. Photos to come!!!

Tags: Adventures

 

About luchinko


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.