Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

James Bond Island

THAILAND | Monday, 7 January 2013 | Views [181]

So we manage to get our pick up.. Bit late, of course, Thai time.. Least we didn't sleep it.. The bed is just amazing! And we have a 41inch TV mmmuuahaha.

We get taken to the pier and our tour guide seems pretty crazy.. Our group is tiny, but I like it.. And no young annoying crazy people. We have free tea/coffee and soft drinks with the option to buy beers etc.. Its really nice and the drive out was awesome. The tour guide is just hilarious, he gives me a Thai roll up and its the wierdest smoke ever, burns my lip even!

When we arrive at the first place we get in our kanoe and head out.. Its pretty fun but very busy.. Getting back on the boat our buffet is served and IT LOOKS AWESOME! I tuck in, eat as much as I can.. Still such a nice day, but Nick is hiding in the shade again. We drive over to where the "James Bond" rock is where part of the film was recorded.. we have to get off our boat and into a long tail boat to be shipped over to the island. Its long a narrow and it goes very fast. We get over and we have about 20/30 mins to look around.. As we get there the small island is plagued with the same tourist tack that is being sold everywhere and its a shame that its kinda damped the whole atmosphere of the place.. Getting down to the beach we see the rock, and its tiny.. I was expecting it to be much bigger?! Its still kinda cool mind.. There are loads of typical idiots having photos by it and i'm over it quite quickly.. I think its a shame that tourism here is so ott and I just wana get back on the boat..

We're then left to have a swim/canoe around for an hour. So Nick and I get a canoe and I row us out, in circles at first.. haha.. After we get to the beach which was very tiering, nick takes over and we row around the island, finding empty rum bottles on the way.. Soon after we leave the little lagoon we're like in the middle of the sea and its taking forever to get back around, lol.. We get there finally after thinking we'd get drifted out..

Its a long drive back to the port but we're entertained by the crew doing us a lady boy show which was hilarous and I get up and dance with them..

We get back and jump in a mini van and head back to the hotel. I'm super tiered and Nick's leaving tomorrow... We've had such a nice few days and I'm sad to see him go for sure. We have a nice dinner and head to bed early

Nick gets up and goes, but after an hour he's back cos he got up too early.. lol. We say goodbye again and I get back to sleep.. May aswell stay in this compfy room till 12pm check out time!!!!

When I do check out I get back to Geoff with a cycle tuk that was way cheaper than the taxis, and we just chill on the beach for the rest of the arvo... Its nice to have some girl talk again, but I'm definately missing Nick!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.