Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Good bye KL....

MALAYSIA | Monday, 31 December 2012 | Views [207]

So its the last day....

I wake up and make sure that everything is packed... I'm still worried about this stupid bag, but I'm gona go grab one after lunch. I meet Mauri same place and we head to the cafe we had a feed in on saturday night.. Awesome burgers & milkshakes, and its open 24hrs!! We get there and its packed.. But we get a table and I just can't stay away from the burgers, they're just insanely good.. We get my bag and its time to say farewell to Mauri... Being the traveller he is, I'm sure to bump into him again somewhere..

I get back, finish packing and by this point its time to get a taxi. Tony the Chinese guy gets one for me and helps with my luggage downstairs and we get the cab for 80R, which is not too bad.. and I'm off... I'm sad that I didn't say goodbye to the twins properly or even make my peace with Ash, but they were all asleep.

My cab is infested with cockroaches.. hhhmm

After 2 hours of driving we're at the airport and I cruise up to the desk.. BAM! bag is 22.6KGS and no-one says anything.. oooh yeh! I get to the airport monorail to take me to the termainal and wait by the gate, its leaving in 30mins.. I'm surprised that customs was so easy breezy?! I did get stopped and searched mind, as always...

The flight wasn't bad.. It's only 1.20mins and by the time your in the air, getting a feed your back down again. The Dutch couple next to me were really nice and I'm getting excited about getting home... HOME?! Thailand? hhmm, wierd feeling... At passport controll I get a call from Geoff and we're squeeeeeling about what we're going to be doing. The lady at the desk thinks I'm crazy and I'm apologising for being hyper.. She's in a good mood, and likes that I speak Thai to her- we wish each other happy new year- and i dash to get my bag, and get outta here!!!!

Getting a taxi is a nightmare and I'm already loosing my rag- Why is it so hard, and why is everyone so rude?! Coming from KL where everyone is so nice, helpful to this.. URRRGH, F u Thailand..... I manage to get a taxi for an ok (ish) price of 700B, still a rip, but its hell cheaper than the other cabs... I think its an illigal one cos once i get in there are no placards with license numbers or pictures.. ooopss, he's nice and I get there.. and even drives around looking for Geoffs place.. We can't find it, I say he can leave me at this resturant and I'll wait for Geoff to call me back... She finds me, and we try and drive with my 2bags, 2 people on a scoot.. NAAAH its not working, so I have to fork out another 300B on a taxi to take us to Geoffs...

He then trys making me pay another 100B cos its further than he thought.. SERIOUSLY what is up with greedy Thai's.. I'm getting sooo wound up.. I NEED A DRINK!

We head into Bangtao and have dinner and head out to Patong to meet some of Geoff's friends..

Its SO busy and driving into Patong was a nightmare, esp with my bad foot, its so weak and having to support us on the scoot is painful... We park up (another 20B, just cos of NY of course) we meet her friends and we head towards to beach..

Why is everyone obsessed with fake snow spray?

We get to the beach and there are 2 festivals going on. 1 paid 2000B with Paris Hilton and Akon?!hhhhm? Or the free one... The beach is full of people and the sky is just lanterns, everywhere. Its the most amazing thing I've ever seen- The sky is just on fire and everyone is setting them off..

Geoff's mates decided to get some booze from the 7/11... Long, for walking allllll the way up Bangala road and back again in those crowds, 40mins till midnight.. We say we'll just meet them by the right hand side by the speaker.

The bar has run out of buckets?! WTF?? aaaagh, I'm so thirstyyyyy.. We find another one thats getting flooded by the sea.. hhhmm, hello bottle of tequila... I grab it and make a dash for it, with Geoff shaking her head at me, hahaha...

We get to the front, dance, drink and i get onto a guy's shoulders.. it was awwwesome. Just before countdown Geoff's mates arrive and we're all together:)

After countdown we try get on stage, no. They're not letting us. Probably cos we're not blonde.. Well, Geoff is? haha.. We go back to the others and I notice a sting of 13yr boys fist pumping and dancing, made me laaaugh sooo much! Bless them, we have a little dance and they run away again...

After awhile Geoff and I are bored of the beach and I just wana get silly on the streets of Patong.

Honestly the next bit is a blurrr and I just remember getting on the back of the bike, holding onto my flashing mouse ears and hollering all the way home. We stop off at the 7/11 and i get a feast of food

Geoff "lorrie hun.. umm, i don't have a microwave?" Me "aahhhh its ooookyyyaaah, they do it for you!" haha, Geoff was amazed.

I'm in bed by 4am.....

I later learn about a week later that for 3hours I'm pinching peoples drinks, poking my tongue out, flirting with everyone i lay my eyes on... Trying to get onto peoples scooters, apparently walking off from guys who were from Melbourne?! and rasbying them?! A guy had got me nto a neck lock and sprayed my face with that fake snow and Geoff got really angry cos app he was being a di**... and app i just look up at her like "why would he do that?" with big puppy eyes, all confused and white? hahaha When we got back to the scooter I was flirting with some guys who tried to get us to go back with them, but Geoff being more sober knew it wasn't wise, even though apparently they weren't being vile... And app this is when I said I should drive.............. -_- When Geoff told me this is was speechless. I don't remember this.. Maybbbbe little bits now she's mentioned parts of it...? I really didn't think I WAS THAT DRUNK! mmuuuuhhahhahaha, thank god for Geoffrey!!!

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Malaysia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.