Existing Member?

New Beginnings...

Krabi

THAILAND | Monday, 26 November 2012 | Views [948]

I'm definately the worst person to travel with... late leaving the hostel cos i was having a good old faff.. tried sending some stuff home that i didn't want to biff.. nearly cost me 2000B, screw you. Had a lift from Saai as i'd already given back the scoot. Ended up for the first time ever riding side, and i was impressed with myself haha! I locals were pointing and laughing at us, haha :) It was very sad saying my goodbyes to them all in the hostel. I'm going to miss them.....

So I arrive late to meet *Nell cos i couldn't find a cab and the sorngtaaou would have taken too long, and by this point Nell has already called to say she was there, and where on earth was i?! Manage to haggle a tuktuk for 450, and head off... checky bugger though had to stop for gas making more late, haha?! Once i eventually arrive Nell isnt to imressed as we've missed the bus... As it happens we haven't and get thrown on the bus.. bit more than what we'd first been told.. but f**k it we're on the way...

Leaving Phuket and crossing the bridge onto the mainland, it occured to me i've been on an islands for the past 3 1/2years!!! NZ, Aus then Phuket.. lol! It was nice seeing it when i turned my head around. The coaches here are bizzare. Tacky curtains cut out of the 80s and s funky oder i'd expect to find in an old persons home.. odd.. Nell's already asleep on my shoulder but i'm too inticed by the change in the landscape.. its amazing! It reminds me of the landscape of the old ps2 game, worms. haha.. About 2 hours into the journey they start blaring Thai kareoke with some odd vdieos of 2 girls who are crying over some guy that has massive eyebrows.. its so random and so misrable, guns and all?! 

Once we arrive in Krabi it is pissing down with rain and i realise that i don't have the address to the hostel. lorrie mistake number 2 of the day. dick. We find a guy who lets us access my email and it takes fooooorever! i'm slowly getting pissy cos my belly is rumbling and it was already 4o clock and i didn't have brekkie... After all the jazz, we get it, get in a cab and get to the hostel. The hostel is amazing.. just amazing. so modern, so clean so chick i love it.. we're checked into the "math" room and its gorge! huge beds, bunks but lush.. never thought you'd get somewhere so lush in Thailand- million times better than some hostels i've stayed in in Aus! We didtch our bags and head out for food.. we walk to the market and get chicken skewers for 70B! its like 1/2 a chicken on a stick and it was yuuuum... stroll around, get ice creams too and Nell even eats bugs that cost like 10B.. fair play cos i wouldn't do it and apparently it tasks of chicken, mmmmBS, haha.

We start on the vodkas, end up laying some pool that then led onto drinking games, it was a good night.. oh and a bucket vomvom... why i was persuaded into that i don't know it tasted vile. I end up eating the entire contence of the 7/11, toasties, dumplings which they heat up for you! Man i felt crap after all that microwavable food..

I wake up and i'm surprised idon't have a hang over... we have brekkie and the cafe is super stylish, its quite odd but the food was well priced and yum.. We decide to go check out the hot springs fir the day, its raining, cold and it beats sitting around the hostel all day.. we hire a scoot and set off, it takes us quite awhile after stopping off at the wrong place we get there, soaked and ready to be heated up with the spring. its amazing. instantly warm, loving it. we stay for awhile and i end up grabbing some food and get sat down by a police officer and a woman who are so happy that i'm sitting with them watching muay thai with them :) I'm glad we ended up going cos it was a lovely drive and getting back to the hostel to warm up was even better. Sad to be leaving the hostel its super compfy!

 

We've gotten up and booked bus and ferry tickets straight to koh phangan... just trying to have a feed and i've gotta pack again, cos muggins here threw everything out of my bag to find 1 top that i didnt end up wearing.. bus leaves in an hr! we were lucky to find a hostel in Haad Riin for only 300b a night which for full moon week.. most of them you have to have min stay of 3-5days.

well brekkie is here. gotta scoff this down as we have an hr.... hopefully i wont loose my soul over the course of the week......

About lozza


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.