Existing Member?

Bill's Big Trip "Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do, nothing to kill or die for. Imagine all the people living life in peace. Imagine all the people sharing all the world. I hope someday you'll join us and the world will live as one." John Lennon

Turkey 2

TURKEY | Thursday, 7 August 2014 | Views [436]

The one thing that kind of disappointed me about Turkey is it's too nice and modern. I was expecting a third world country experience, it's definitely not third world. I am currently in Goreme, The rock formations with caves carved into them are amazing(see pictures Turkey 3)

Let me tell you about my Turkey haircut. Washed my hair and face, trim eyebrows and nose hair and then he got to the ears. The barber pulled out a skewer, something like you would use for a shish kebab, put a ball of cotton on the end, dipped it in alcohol and lit it on fire. Then he put the flaming cotton ball in my ear very quickly three or four times, blowing in my ear each time so the skin wouldn't burn. I hope that's why he was blowing in my ear. The most exciting haircut I've ever had. 

Just got back to Goreme from a three day tour of historical sites in southern/ central Turkey. Traveled about 1000 miles and saw some interesting sites. Sunrise hike up Mt. Nemrut( see pictures). Visited the site that has been documented as mans first existence. It is near the Euphrates river and the ruins are said  to be from 12,000 BC. It opens the door for the whole Adam and Eve discussion.

 

About lipowcan8

A quick recap. I visited 19 countries in 212 days, traveled 46,000 miles by air,15,000 miles by land and spent about $25,000. My feet got beat up a few times and I twisted my ankle a couple of times.  No plane, train, car, bus, tuk tuk or taxi mishaps, not even a fender bender. I wasn't threatened or harassed and amazingly enough I didn't lose anything. It's hard to believe seven months have passed. As I said in my first entry.....a wonderful way to celebrate 60 years of living. It sure was!

Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.