Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Via Home

USA | Saturday, 17 April 2010 | Views [441]

San Jose, CA.  I haven’t blogged in over a month now!  Suffice it to say the last month has consisted on much obsession over Scrabble, biking, and running.  Work has been slow, but we’ve had the awesome privilege of hanging out in some cool places, ie. Seattle, Portland, and, currently, San Jose!

Yes, I am home and have been home for about a week now.  It was fortunate that our schedule worked out perfectly for me to be home in time for the Alica Keys Freedom Tour Concert in Oakland last Saturday.  We had an afternoon show in Washington state on Friday, drove to Portland for the night, and left the area around 7AM and made it to Oakland after 12 hours on the road with the help of coffee and Red Bull.  It is so warm and sunny here (gotta love Cali), it's hard to believe we came from a land of clouds, rain, and cold.  It makes me want to be outside all day--rode my bike for 15 miles today, or a little more...so much fun!  We head back out tomorrow for Washington.  We found out our official end-of-tour date--May 10.  We'll end in Salida, CA.

I bought a bike in Portland two and a half weeks ago.  It’s an entry-level Scattante R-330 made by Performance Bikes.  If I were permanently living in a certain city, I most definitely would have wanted to buy local.  But as it is with the travel, I’m happy to go with Peformance.  They offer great service, and (my favorite) dividends!  REI does this too, that if you are a member, you get 10% of your purchase towards a future sale.  It’s a brilliant scheme.  It keeps you coming back to your store because you always have credit!

I also went for my first shoe-fitting at a specialty running shoe store.  They analyzed my gait while I ran on a treadmill and they recorded it, and played it back for me as they showed me my over-pronation.  I got shoes that would compensate for my pronation issue, and...get this...a 6.5!  I was kind of proud, to be honest, that I didn’t get a little boy –sized shoe, as I had ignorantly done in the past.  Of course it makes sense that you should get a shoe a half size or whole size larger for running or hiking because your feet swell.  Otherwise I just buy in the kid section because it fits just snuggly enough.  But now I have big-kid feet ;)  Haha, all this is trivial to you unless you know me.

So in the last month I got a new road bike (including accessories) and someproperly fitted running shoes.  With all this going towards fitness, I better freakin’ look awesome for my friends’ weddings this summer! Hahaha.  Also, on top of all our other non-work activities, we've been watching a lot of Biggest Loser--it's so inspiring!  Makes me wanna go work out.

Oh, and in other news, I got into this Producer program in Hollywood that I’m really excited about starting in June.  It means I’ll be living in SoCal again!  It’s for 14 months, and hopefully I can find a permanent job to stay for a while!  Life is good.

Until next time, good night, dear void.

Onelove.

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.