Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Seattle, but no McDreamy

USA | Sunday, 14 March 2010 | Views [460] | Comments [1]

I still haven't seen the Space Needle.  I don't feel like I'm really in Seattle yet.


We are staying just outside of downtown.  Yesterday we headed to Pike's Place Market, which was so fun.  So many food smells and sights.  It reminded me of San Francisco.  We ate a water view restaurant overlooking ferry boats while enjoying fish 'n chips.  Good times.

Last night was the Pacquiao vs Clottey fight, and though we called and searched for a sports bar that would be showing the fight, none that we called were.  And I was so looking forward to eating some chicken wings while I watched the Pacman deliver the smack down.

Today we are venturing to try a Brazilian restaurant.  We went in yesterday and it smelled divine.  I hope they serve Brazilian style with the meat on the big skewer swords.

We stayed up another night in a row til 1:30 playing Scrabble.  This is becoming a problem.

We came a few anti-Obama protesters on the streets of downtown yesterday.  I asked a first guy, why? He just pointed to a piece of paper he was holding--Wanna read?  Um, if you can't tell me, what are you doing out here?  Then another dude I tried get more out of and all he could give me was, "Well, he's worse than Bush," and "The health care bill," and "He didn't deliver much help to Haiti." ????   Christina and I were confounded.  None of the responses by these dudes had much conviction.  We walked away more confused than when we asked them of their protest (with, btw, a large cardboard poster with a Hitler mustache drawn on it--c'mon, how old are you?!).  We decided if get the Haiti response again, Christina is going to pose as a Haitian and praise Obama, and see what these guys do about that.  LoL.  Wow, we have too much time on our hands.


Until next time, good night, dear void.

Comments

1

:) wow, lots of scrabble... I like your scrabble words! :)

  Maria Mar 15, 2010 5:35 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.