Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Last Round of P-Town

USA | Wednesday, 28 April 2010 | Views [481]

Beaverton, OR.  I'm really sucking keeping this up.  But here we are.

Since my last entry we've been to Seattle again for a couple of days (where we actually came in via ferry--so cool!--and had a view of the Space Needle from our hotel window), and I flew down to Southern California to see one of my best friend's starring in her University's opera, The Elixir of Love.  It was so fantastic, and she was so phenomenal.  I'm glad I flew down.

I have to say I like PDX (Portland International Airport).  On the little cubbies that you use to stash your stuff through check-in/security says that it’s the #1 airport in the nation.  I wonder if that’s true.  By the way, it always feel like a crowd of people all changing after a one-night stand getting through the check-in point.  We’re taking off belts, taking off jackets, securing our valuables, only to get it all together again so quickly.

Anyway, the other reason why I like PDX is that there are bathrooms everywhere.  And there is nothing like a good dump.  I've always wanted to write that somewhere and discuss this, because it's so true, am I right?!  Anyone that says anything against that must have never taken a good dump before.  If anything, I’d like to be more regulated!  It’s a great feeling knowing you are getting rid of so much!  Especially on the road, and traveling overseas, where there is so much potential of bowlels gone wrong.  The big D and C. 

It’s funny too because people are so conservative when they are in the restroom.  I mean, I do it too.  Honestly, who wants to hear a loud crash of the excrement hitting water?  Not to mention the grunts of effort and sighs of relief.  But performance anxiety, as I’ve heard it termed and like to use that phrase, I feel is like a suppression of a good and natural state.  Everyone’s got to go.  You know more often than not it’s not a quiet act.  Social norms are funny.

The rest of the weekend post-opera night was really nice and chill.  Spent some time with some of my favorite people, and it got me excited to come back.  But I figured, I'm moving back down to LA soon, might as well get as much of up here as I can.

 

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.