Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

I <3 Montana

USA | Friday, 28 August 2009 | Views [209]

So, I think I would move here if it weren't for the snowy winters. In W Yellowstone, they actually had a "no man's land" in every building, which are large holes that they'll pile in the snow during the winter. No thank you. But the drive through Montana has been the best part of the trip so far. West Yellowstone was a cute little town right outside Yellowstone on the Montana side (as opposed to the Wyoming side). We actually pulled into an RV park and slept in our car. Was ghetto-camping, cold, but fun.


We ventured on to Bozeman to meet up with my friend Ray who I met in Turkey (small world?!). He was nice enough to let us have a couch and floor space to sleep on, then took us rock-climbing (Kristen was our official cheerleader and photographer). It was my first time top roping on an outside course. I am addicted.

We drove on to Cut Bank for the night to do a show in Sunburst (4 miles from the Canadian border) the next day. Sunburst was a very small town of dirt roads and one restaurant and 52 kids in our 7th-12th grade show. But the townsfolk were super nice, and the one restaurant had awesome home cooked meals (we had the chicken caesar salad...mmMmmMmmMmm). We drove on to Havre for the night for our show this afternoon!

So that's the quick update on our trip...until next time!

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.