Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Couchsurfing is the Awesome

USA | Sunday, 30 August 2009 | Views [227] | Comments [1]

Hello World!


So I technically couchsurfed with my friend Melissa's family in Istanbul, then with my friend Ray in Bozeman, but tonight is the first time with a complete stranger, and her and her husband are awesome!!!


I sent out a few requests this week for a free place to stay on couchsurfing.com for Minneapolis and when things just weren't working out for some, literally just as I was about to book a hotel room for us, one of my couchsurfing contacts called me! God is good...all the time...all the time...God is good.

Teresa and Salvador are very sweet people with a very beautiful home. They actually were at a party when we arrived, but I had instructions as to where their spare key would be and how to get in, and with a note to make ourselves at home. These people rock my world. Too bad we are only here for a night, but c'est la vie.

We drove an entire state (North Dakota) today from the border of Montana (Glendive to be exact), to almost crossing Minnesota to get here. 10 hours later we are happily settled in our host home =)

Tomorrow is Sunday, so Kristen and I are attempting to find a place of worship. So far, Catholic churches and bars are in abundance. After church, we'll check out the town a bit, but then we are off to Chicago!!! 

Til then, good night, dear void.

Comments

1

Eat pizza in Chicago for me!! =) I never heard of couchsurfing.com. Sounds pretty cool. I'll check it out and see if I can hook someone out in hopes that more people help you and Kristen out! All my love!!

  Gina Montecastro Sep 1, 2009 7:36 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.