Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

The Art of Dirty

USA | Thursday, 11 December 2008 | Views [451] | Comments [5]

1)  Wearıng the same clothes.  I have the same red sweater or black long sleeve shırt ın every sıngle pıcture.  Not to mentıon ı have a few paırs of pants but ı wear the same ones for days on end before swıtchıng up on the rotatıon.  There were defınıtely a few tımes where I wore the same socks for at least 4 days ın a row.  Oh the lıfe on the road...

2)  Laundry ıs expensıve.  I have done laundry three tımes on thıs trıp sınce Kenya 2 months ago.  Mostly I do the unmentıonables ın the sınk...and my socks.  Body spray and fabrıc softner sheets help.

3)  Defınıtely shower when ı can.  You never know when hot water wıll not be avaıalble.

4)  I have defıntely dropped food on the floor or pavement and pıcked ıt up and ate ıt.  Now there ıs a certaın tactıc to thıs...ıf ıt ıs dry say a french fry or pıece of bread...that ıs ok.  ıf ıt has sauce or some kınd of moıstness to ıt that ıs a no no.


5) After a whıle you run out of antı-bacterial.  Anyway there comes a poınt where ı just cant be bothered anymore.  however ıf there ıs a sınk avaılable ı wıll wash my hands ıf we sıt down ın a restaurant.  whıch ıs rare.  dırty street vendors and sıttıng on the sıde of the road...thats what ıs all about.

Comments

1

I am so glad I could help you out a little before leaving :)

  Chris McCann Dec 12, 2008 4:27 PM

2

Guess what? My parents were on the same flight as your Grandma to the Philippines! Thought that was cool. Me and my bro leave in 1 week!!! I am so excited! I get to be across the globe too! ;-) Love you! Glad to know you're safe. Thinking about coming home yet?

~Me

  Trishy Dec 14, 2008 6:47 AM

3

P.S. I just lost the game. Admit it, so did you. ;-)

  Trishy Dec 14, 2008 4:07 PM

4

WOW -- Thanks for sharing!I hope you are doing well. I go home 3 days time. So happy! Wanna come? Yeah!? Ok...see you in San Jose! =) (J/K) Miss you. Take care girl!

  Gina Montecastro Dec 15, 2008 4:27 AM

5

Well, at least try and find a place to shower before you fly back home - spare whoever is next to you on the long trans-Atlantic flight... ;-)

I miss you sister... so much in fact that I would gladly hug you right this second, no matter how grody you might be at the moment... XOXOXO

  "Sister" Dec 18, 2008 6:36 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.