Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

My head scarf has peace signs

TURKEY | Friday, 5 December 2008 | Views [505] | Comments [2]

So when you visit a mosque you must wear a head scarf.  I brought one that was given to me as a going away present from Robin and Adam from CCC (my church in SoCal).  Anyway it ıs green and has peace signs on it and I like that.

The other night I had dinner with three others.  There was Ismet the Pakistani Muslim who was born and raised in South Africa and lived in London.  There was David the intellectual/humaniıst/La Boheme type living a hostel guy from Dallas who taught English in Korea and is looking to do the same in Istanbul.  There was Stewart the Australian who happened to be an atheist.  Then there was me the little girl from NorCal who lived in SoCal who is a Christian but Filipino so most of her family is Catholic.  All of them very nice and we are all good friends.  It was a fun night of conversation with all of our points of view of the world.  Conversations with the Muslim the Atheist the Humanist and the Christian.  Moments like that when I remember why I love to travel. 

(Id like to make a disclaimer that the Turkish keyboard is different than the American one so often I dont know where commas and other things are and the letter I ıs differet...I apologize).

Comments

1

Isn't it wonderful to travel? I love the different perspectives that you begin to see and the cultures that you learn... I wish I could have been a fly on the wall for your conversations that evening... :-)

  "Sister" Dec 7, 2008 4:35 AM

2

Lar - I miss you. I am happy to hear that you are having a good time over seas. I just checked out your pictures...they are really cool...keep em' coming! Take care and travel safely!

  Gina Montecastro Dec 8, 2008 7:16 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Turkey

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.