Existing Member?

Chasing the Wind A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. ~ Lao Tzu

Sunsets from Santorini

GREECE | Tuesday, 11 November 2008 | Views [388] | Comments [1]

So we said goodbye to Britts on Thursday from Athens.  Rica and I ended up not going to Peloponnese, but to Santorini.  We arrived Friday morning, and will leave tomorrow night, Tuesday, for Rhodes.  From Rhodes we have to go to Kos since there is limited ferries this time of year, but from there we hope to enter into Turkey via Bodrum.

Santorini has been beautiful, despite the slight cold.  It is nearly mid-November, but we manned up to swim in the sea (so cold afterwards!).  We took the same three hour walk to the town of Ia (or Oia) from Fira yesterday and the day before to watch the sunset (we missed the sunset the first day).  No Kostas though.  hehe.


Our diet still consists of gyros every day, if not twice a day. We did manage to add fruit into our diets rather than ice cream, so that's been good.


I'm way limited on time today!  Hopefully we'll score free internet at our next hostel so i can upload Santorini pics.

 

Comments

1

Hey Lar, I have been checking your journal everyday waiting for your post. Next time, try not to wait so long before you post again. =) I am glad to hear you are well. I hope the sunset was worth the walk. I miss you. Be sure to take care and enjoy Turkey!
Love you.

  Gina Montecastro Nov 13, 2008 2:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Greece

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.