Existing Member?

Europe 2017

And So Another Baguette "WAR" Begins!

FRANCE | Friday, 11 August 2017 | Views [269]

Fouras, a town,  is much larger than Locoal, a village. In fact it has five boulangeries in town! So, selecting the best baguette is going to be a bit more difficult and the bakery owners will have to wait for our coveted award of the "Best Bakery in Fouras"
 
We set out this morning to buy our first Fouras baguette. We decided to try the bakery closest to our home. But, keep in mind that all the bakeries are within three blocks of one another.
 
The First Taste Test Results:
The competition is going to be really tough. Ed and I agree that the first baguette we sampled here, was actually better than the coveted one from Locoal! In fairness,  however, I must hasten to add that it was a slightly different variety. This first bakery was so fancy that it did not even have the traditional "baguette". The closest to it was the "pain de campagne". It was still warm to the touch when I was handed the bag. The crust was wonderfully crunchy and chewy and the dough, perfect! However, it was too good and a tad too hard to use for sandwich bread.

Nothing wrong with just eating it plain though.

 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.